Enlarged adenoids

My son is 13 years old and weighs 30 kg he is having adenoids the only problem with him is that he is a mouth breather to avoid surgery somebody has suggested metaspray and montair LC to be given at night please give your opinion

Doctor Answers (2) on Enlarged adenoids

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
20 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
please done not waste any more time. REMOVE THOSE ADENOIDS. It is a sitting time bomb in his throat. Those germs are now multiresistant to most antibiotics and can suddenly attack the heart valves or kidney nephrons with catastrophic consequences! Adenotonsillectomy done with Coblation wands is a relatively safe and simple procedure. Unless insisted upon for insurance purposes, I discharge my patients within 3 hours of surgery!
Dr. D.Vidyasagar
10 yrs. of exp | Hyderabad | Rhinologist
What grade is the adenoids. It should be big enough as you are saying that he breaths through mouth in sleep. Observe his sleep , if he is not able to breath and suddenly chokes and gets up during sleep it means that the nasal block is more and it is called sleep Apnea. this is not good for the child. If such episodes have been observed during sleep then it advisable for surgical removal of adenoids. Already he is suffering since 13 years!
Visit
observe child during sleep and if he is choking during sleep it is not good for him.