Emotional Stress

My father in law passed away 1 month back... my wife was very much attached to her father...he was very ill from months...he always denied to go to hospital or to get admitted there...we tried our best to convince him but he never agreed to go to hospital..his condition was so bad that we forcefully took him to hospital...he keep on saying i will never forgive you for this...he was admitted in ICU for 3 days and then he passed away...my wife could not overcome this...she is still thinking because of her, he passed away... we shouldn't have took him to hospital...she is always blaming her self....her nature is completely changed....immense mood swing...pls advise what should i do ...i want her back to life again

Doctor Answers (3) on Emotional Stress

Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Yes , she needs counselling which helps her to come of guilt and self blaming nature. So as early as possible take her to a counsellor and make her feel non guilty and live a peaceful life
Dr. Vikas Khanna Delhi | Hypnotherapist
You should help her realize that things happen as per the PLAN. Actually she needs an urgent counseling session. Try persuading her into taking help.
Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello sir I understand your concern...this kind of behavior is common in certain people when they loose something to which they are very much attached...she needs counselling sessions to solve her problem...it takes time try to support her emotionally and make sure that she feels you people are with her...consult nearest psychiatrists for the same they will do the needful...regards.