brain-icon

Electric shock

Hi I need an immediate reply in this... This morning mom had an electric shock and by God's grace she is saved now. It was close to 5 mins. She can't lift her left hand and says she gave ankle pain could not walk proper. Pls advice in detail what to do? Get face seems to be darker. Do I need to take her to doc?
views-icons 51 Views Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. P. Vijayaraghavan
Consultant Physician 33 yrs exp Chennai

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹300 for 24 hrs

Electric shock lasting for 5 minutes sounds serious. With difficulty in using left hand and difficulty in walking, possibility of brain damage is there. She needs CT brain and monitoring. ECG abnormalities also possible. Urgent evaluation needed.
Next Steps
Better to hospitalize.
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
YES NO
doctor profile image
Dr. Rama S.K
Internal Medicine 16 yrs exp Dimapur
There is exit point for electric shock which must be the grounded feet causing ankle pain...meet MD physician for inner injury evaluation
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
YES NO
doctor profile image
Dr. T Raja Adharnath
Diabetologist 8 yrs exp Hyderabad
She needs hospital admission.
Next Steps
Admit her
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
YES NO