Eczema on leg
Hello Doctor, I have been diagnosed with eczema on my right leg which itches any time of the day since 2011. The scratching has left dark patchy marks on my leg and the itching has never really stopped. It is dry eczema and I have no none allergens to anything. So I don't know what is causing this eczema. Only on my leg it is present. How can I cure it? Steroids and moisturizer are not helping. Thanks and regards

Hi! Definitely eczema on leg can be distressing and disturbing to you. It is skin allergy in a genetically predisposed individuals . It will be aggressive in winter months due to lack of humidity in the air . Always direct visualisation of the skin problem is very important to assess the depth of lesion needed and to confirm the diagnosis .
Consult your nearest dermatologist for best treatment
1) put coconut oil before bath 2) use liquid soap like cetaphil or episoft cleansing lotion for bath 3) put liberal moisturiser ( very thick cream based) like Venusia max or elovera imf cream at least 4 to 5 times a day such that skin barrier is retained 4) control the itch by taking cetrizine tablet at night till symptomatic relief occurs and donot stratch to prevent black patches on lesion 5) follow strictly for this entire winter

Eczema treatment for baby Oral steroids for eczema Natural cure for eczema