Ears blocked

I've recently got my ears blocked when I descended from a hill station by bus. It's been 2 days since and I haven't been able to get them unblocked. I had cold when I descended and I guess that it's one of the reasons. I'm thinking of visiting the doctor, but wanted to check if there's a home remedy that can cure this. Any advice?

Doctor Answers (1) on Ears blocked

Dr. D.Vidyasagar Hyderabad | ENT/ Otolaryngologist
let me explain, ear has three parts outer,middle and inner ear.Middle is that part which is inside the ear drum and this connected to the behind the nose by a tube so that there is always the same pressure as compared to the atmospheric pressure so that it functions normally. While descending down hill the pressure changes and the tube should be functioning to maintain the pressure in the ear. With cold you had, this has not happened and due to negative pressure, the middle ear might have been filled with fluid.That is why the blocked feeling ! Best thing at home you can do a Valsalva manoeuvre, try and check it in youtube, the pressure can be equalised, if not go to an ENT doctor he will help you out with medication.