Early osteoarthritis

I am obese and have been diagnosed with early osteoarthritis. I have reduced joint space. Can i walk or cycle to lose weight.

Doctor Answers (3) on Early osteoarthritis

Osteoarthritis is wear and tear in the joint.... The more you use your knee the more wear and tear.... All activities in which you have your complete body weight on your legs and knee bends like walking, stair climbing, bending your knees standing and getting up from floor would increase wear and tear..... And any activity in which your knee bends without your body weight like cycling swimming are good for you
Dr. Pallavi Singh Mumbai | Physiotherapist
Hi. You can do all the activities in moderation, best is to swim or exercise in pool. In hydrotherapy the pressure on the joint is minimal and workout for the muscle is great. Second best cardio could be cycling with back Support. Add weight training to your workout. Only cardio is not sufficient to loose weight and get muscle toning. Diet is most important that you must be knowing.
Dr. Somanna Malchira Bangalore | Joint Replacement Surgeon
Cycling is better