Ear pain while chewing
I am having pain while chewing or eating for last 5-6 days in my right ear. Its not teeth pain as i was thinking previously, i can feel ear pain clearly. Pls suggest the reason or solution why its causing?

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 21 yrs exp Bangalore

That is Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia. This is the 9th Cranial Nerve and carries sensory inputs from the Base of tongue, palate, tonsils, oropharynx, Eustachian tube and middle ear to the brain. meet an ENT Specialist to rule out any lesions over your tongue base, tonsils, soft palate or throat. If negative for any lesions, you will need to rule out Eagle's Syndrome or Stylalgia. A 3D CT Scan of Facial Bones will help your ENT Surgeon confirm the diagnosis and manage it appropriately.

Ear hurts when chewing food Can tonsillitis cause ear pain Internal ear pain causes