Ear itching

I am having itching in both ear. I feel itching near to point where ear and throat met. I tried putting candobiotic medicine but it didn't help. Some time itching is so irritating and I force to use ear buds. Due to this itching I got throat infection as well or may be other way around. Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Doctor Answers (1) on Ear itching

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, Itchy ears are typically due to a breakdown in ear skin health. This includes problems with earwax lubrication, excess water in the ear, and foreign particles and debris in the ear. Treatment usually seeks to fix these breakdowns. If your itchy ears are the result of an allergic reaction, refrain from using any products that could have potentially caused the irritation... Always consult your physician before putting ointments or drops in or on your ear. This ensures you are not putting something in the ear that can irritate the inflammation more than improve it. Also, if you have a damaged eardrum, you should not use any ointments or drops unless your physician specifically prescribes them.