Ear canal block

Two weeks back I got my ears cleaned it was fine for couple of days later I started having problem in my right ear wherein lot of discharge came out out during cleaning. I was told by doctor and that it would take couple of days to heal the wound but unfortunately this didn't happen so in next follow up consultation it was identified that there is block in ear canal so was prescribed antibiotics augment 625 mg along with megaheal ointment and otocin ear drop. Since I had ear swollen so was prescribed chyrmoral tab as well. My question is am I being diagnosed and treated fairly? Is the prescription are fair to treat the problem? How long it would take for healing the canal blocks? What could be negative side effects if not treated fairly

Doctor Answers (2) on Ear canal block

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
sometimes when your ears are cleaned, especially in case of impacted wax, the ear canal walls could have been abraded in the process. Subsequently, while bathing or on going out in the rain, moisture could have entered the ear thereby infecting it. This is why I insist my patients use silicone rubber earplugs while bathing or going out in rain to protect the ears from moisture. Trust your doctor as he is trying to correct an unfortunate situation.  It will take some time for your ear to heal. Alternatively, ask him to pack your ear with ichthymol glycerine soaked cottonoid for 48 hours. This is a bit uncomfortable remedy, but healing is rapid!
Dr. Vinay S Bhat Bangalore | ENT/ Otolaryngologist
You seem to be having infection of external canal of ear known as otitis externa. If your symptoms are coming down with present treatment you are taking then there not much to worry. It may take a week for complete recovery.. Meanwhile keep your ears dry and don't use any ear buds for cleaning