Doubt.....

I have proteinuria.so i am taking this medicine called losar 50mg twice a day.Does this medicine increase Creatinine level because my Creatinine level went up to 0.9 to 1.1?

Doctor Answers (1) on Doubt.....

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello,  I went through your query,  losartan is used to treat hypertension,  helps to protect kidney in diabetes, it also helps in proteinuria. It doesn't cause any kidney problems or raise in creatine. Your raise in creatine levels could be due to underlying renal condition (may be cause of proteinuria).  Please talk to your doctor regarding this. In rare cases, losartan can cause a condition that results in the breakdown of skeletal muscle tissue, which in turn  leading to kidney failure. Consult your doctor at the earliest if you have unexplained muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness especially if you also have fever, unusual tiredness, and dark colored urine.