Dizziness.

Hello Doctor. I have severe loss of balance and dizziness problem from 1 year. All the reports are normal( MRI brain, MRI cervical spine and other ent related tests like BERA, OAE, Audiometry and hearing tests) except cervical spine X-ray which says straightening of cervical spine. Just wanted to know can it be the reason for my dizziness and loss of balance? Orthopedic surgeon has prescribed me some pain killers along with vertigo medicines recently. Please let me know if this is the reason and if it is then does physiotherapy helps like traction. Am presently using cervical collar and cervical pillow. Am Even doing the neck exercises. Please suggest. Thanks in advance... Roshan.
views-icons 138 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (4) on Dizziness.

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can underatand your concern. I see that you have gone through a lot of tests and a lot of em have come negative. You should have also attached the reports. I fwel you should continue your medications given by the orthopedician and also physiotherapy. Kindly go for regular follow-ups. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Tushar Malik Delhi | Otologist/ Neurotologist
Hi Roshan, Loss of balance and dizziness at a young age is most likely due to some pathology in the vestibular system. I can see you have undergone an MRI brain to rule out a central cause to it and also hearing test to rule out any cochlear pathology. Dizziness due to cervical spondylosis is an extremely rare cause of dizziness especially at your age. I would advise you to undergo a detailed vestibular assessment to ascertain the cause for your symptoms.
I agree with Dr. Gadi, first continue your current regimen of vertigo drugs and physiotherapy. It may work for you. Then you may proceed further.
Since you have already Undergone necessary investigations and it seems the problem is because of the cervical region. You should continue with the medication prescribed by your orthopaedics surgeon. Continue with the physiotherapy and other instructions..
The things should improve with in reasonable period. If there is no significant improvement or the problem increases, you should consult the orthopaedic surgeon. But if any surgery is advised, then you must take a second opinion. Hopefully the things should improve.
Wishing you a rapid recovery.