Diet n control of food

From 8months onwards i am gaining weight. I was on 58 and now 64. In this 8 months i hav normal food. But now even i am having less food am not reducing..i always feel hungry if not had anything so i try to hav some food (light only) but still am not reducing. . Am started going gym (evening time)from april onwards. . Now its going to be 2months.. no change in me.. please suggest a proper diet.. so that i can control my weight..

Doctor Answers (1) on Diet n control of food

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...ideal weight for your weight is around 60kgs. You are not too overweight also. So firstly relax yourself and don't think too much about it. you must understand losing your weight is a very gradual process. You should have strong determination and patience if you want to lose weight. And it cannot happen suddenly. Losing too much suddenly is also not good for health. You have to follow a strict diet and exercise schedule. Regarding diet - have small multiple meals instead of 3 big meals, eat food rich in proteins and fibres like egg white boiled chicken vegetables fruits pulses, avoid carbohydrate rich foods like rice curds oily foods sweets ghee and other junk food. Regarding exercises - what excercises you do in the gym also matters. Strengthening excercises won't help much. start slowly with brisk walking, then change over to jogging, running and other abdominal exercises. Never over strain yourself. And always keep yourself well hydrated and enjoy whatever you do. Also consult a dietician at any hospital who will be able to give you a proper chart regarding the same.