diabetes-icon

Diet for hypothyroidism

Please suggest diet restriction so i can manage hypothyroidism and maintain TSH levels as stable...im taking Thyronorm 25 mcg for hypothyroidism..i face difficulty in weight loss and suffer drom tiredness and anxiety.. Please let me know what foods i can increase n what to avoid. Does regular thyroid medication help in weight loss.

Doctor Answers (2) on Diet for hypothyroidism

Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar
10 yrs. of exp | Delhi | General Practitioner

INR 200 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
3.High Protein Diet. 4. Have sea food. 5. Have Brazil nuts , almonds , walnuts. 6. Plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. 7. Have sweet potato and green pepper. 8. Have curd , paneer , eggs , Rajmah , beans and pulses. 9. Avoid Alcohol , Coffee , Brocolli , Cabbage , Soyabeans, fatty , sugary and fried food.
Bangalore | General Physician

INR 250 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Hello there..... I went through your query..... Courses of treatment for hypothyroidism aim to give the body the amount of thyroid hormone that it is lacking. This is achieved through synthetic thyroxine, a medication that is identical to the T4 hormone. Dosage is determined by the patient's history, symptoms and current TSH level.....