Diabetics level vary.

Sir, Last Year I diagnosed Sugar Level at 240 (Random ) My doctor suggested Diet and Exercise life style later its reduced to 120 in 3 months. I didn't had any medicines. Because of morning walk i reduced my weight by 4 KGS also. Every 3 months I need to check my levels it's between 160-170. Today i had HB1AC test I was in shock it's reported 8.5 .. Now I am totally worried. , Shall i need to start medicines.,Please help with your valuable suggestions.

Doctor Answers (2) on Diabetics level vary.

Mohammed Zaid Chennai | General Physician
You need to do a fasting and post prandial blood glucose level too. And going by your hba1c you need to go on medications for diabetes. Kindly get in touch with your local physician or diabetologist at the earliest.
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello,, I went through your query, there are two tests done to know the suger levels in body,, one is fasting blood suger and another Is postprandial blood suger(ppbs) . (2hrs after food), if your fasting blood suger Is, 160-170, even after excersie and diet then you need to take medicines, if it is ppbs, which is 160-170,then no beer to worry,, do cycling for 20min in the evening along with regular exercise, avoid sweets and rice,, it will come well under control. And hba1c, shows sugar control form past 3 or 4months,, so if fbs and ppbs are under control then don't worry.