Diabetes type1
I have type1 diabetes since 12years. Now I am using insulin inj as morning 35units, evening 35units. Recently I heard news about success in islet treatment for diabetes. I want the guidance to proceed to this treatment

Dr. Harisha N L

In the process of Pancreatic Islet transplantation, islet cells are taken from the pancreas of a deceased or living donor, and are injected into diabetic patients – and these islets begin to produce and release insulin, which lets type 1 diabetic patients live without their daily insulin injections. However, when islets are used from a donor, the patient’s body may reject it, for which immuno-suppressant drugs are used..consult nearest diabetologist he will guide you further