diabetes-icon

Diabetes dr

Hello doctor, My mom is suffering from diabetes from last some years untill now every thing was fine and in control but from last month it is very high i dont knw this is of type one or type two plz suggest me a good dr whom i can consult as i am worried. live in miraroad. thankyou

Doctor Answers (2) on Diabetes dr

Dr. A. Kavitha Hyderabad | Diabetologist
Hello,

When her blood sugars are under control with all tyese years, then it is TYPE 2 Diabetes..The reason for her sugars not under control might be due to
1. Lack of exercise
2. Improper diet
3.Insufficient dosage of drugs
4.Increased Insulin resistance
5.Infections

Remember that by the time diabetes is diagnosed 50-60% of her insulin secreting cells are destroyed.  That means she has 40-50% cells remaining.As the years passby these cells also get destroyed slowly.So slowly the dosage of the medicines also increase.Finally insulin may be required to control the blood sugar and also to reduce the complications which arise due to long standing diabetes,such as heart attacks,paralysis,retinopathy,severe neuropathies,kidney failures,which ultimately lead to multi organ damage.Vit.D3 deficiency,Hypothroidism also alter blood sugars.So check thyroid profile, Vit.D3.Reduce carbohydrates & fats and increase proteins and fibre in your diet.
Consult a physician or diabetologist in your area available on practo.com
Wish you a happy and healthy life

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, most likely it could be type 2 diabetes.
However it should be confirmed by tests.
Kindly consult Diabetologist for further evaluation and treatment...