Depression

Sir, my sister is suffering from depression and learning disability due to family problems and health. She talks about suicide on a daily basis and she has temper issues. she is reluctant to seek help so, I would like to explain the problem in detail before meeting you personally before our appointment on 14th august. I would be grateful if you could suggest a medium of communication for the same.

Doctor Answers (4) on Depression

You can come in person and discuss about the case in detail and then bring your sister
hi, take your sister to a psychologist and seek therapy for her depression. also get a special educator who will teach her in a specialized way and help her cope with her academics. therapy is important in her case.
Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Yes definitely needs a professional help. Browse through Practo in your city and decide and fix an appointment to meet personally
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi.... Take steps to control stress, to increase your resilience and boost your self-esteem. Reach out to family and friends, especially in times of crisis, to help you weather rough spells. Get treatment at the earliest sign of a problem to help prevent depression from worsening. Consider getting long-term maintenance treatment to help prevent a relapse of symptoms. Consult Psychiatrist.....