Sir i think i am suffering from depression. I can't sleep more than two hours a day , i have no self confidence in me , there is a constant feeling that i have ruined every thing , i hear voices in my head telling me i am terrible at my job i have brought shame to my family and friends , my attention span is very less , i can't focus on anything like watching tv or reading newspaper , i have lost interest in talking to people , i am no fun anymore etc. Sir i am suffering from this for the past two month and now the situation is getting worst .

Doctor Answers (1) on Depression

Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
The description provided by you here is highly suggestive of an ongoing depressive episode. The episode if left untreated, may cause further complications for you and your significant others. I would strongly urge you to seek a psychiatric consultation for comprehensive assessment and further management. The psychiatric will take a detailed history, conduct thorough interview with you, ask for relevant investigations and then prescribe you treatment. The treatment is likely to be a combination of medication and psychological intervention. Such a management will help you regain your confidence back, and remove the negative thought patterns that you have been having. Seek treatment early, and be assured that your condition will get better with treatment. Hope this helps you, wishing you an early recovery..