I recently broke up with my boyfriend because he said he is still not over his ex. It's been 6 months but I have still not shown any signs of moving on. Deep within I still hope he gets back to me sometime though he says he isn't ready for another relationship yet. V hav dated for around a year when he told me about this problem he is facing. Meanwhile my mom came to know of this and she is very much against relationships. I don't know wat to do. I want to wait for him till d end of life. I can not imagine another man in his place. I'm losing my self confidence. I'm a medical student (3rd year Mbbs ) a very determined and always had my emotions under control . But I feel all my abilities are leaving my side. It's my first relationship. Things were perfect when v were in d same town. They started deteriorating after he left to Delhi for his job. Mayb he cudnt handle long distance . I still believe hez a good person though . He has always respected me n cared for me.Mayb tym isn't ryt.

Doctor Answers (1) on Depression

Dr. Naresh Vadlamani Hyderabad | Addiction Psychiatrist
First fix the marital age. If you are MBBS student, then during your PG Ist year you could marry. Its roughly 4-5yrs from now. Hope is good but if you are not fitting in your BF plans then you can hope circumstances to change. If you are Addicted to your BF, he will take you for granted. But if you focus on your academics and accomplish and secure your career, you will be a prize catch for him. Just imagine him saying ' my GF is a surgeon, radiologist or a psychiatrist'.