Depression

I have gone from some kind of depression. i have a thought that i will die or so many wrong assumption now doctor prescribed me licab xl which i m talking but i didn't understand. a brilliant students like me has gone to that stage ... how?

Doctor Answers (3) on Depression

Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
What if u have gone through a depression?!! You r anyway under  medication. Be happy that you are still alive and talking to us in  this forum to all of us.
I feel it would be better  if u get counselling also and have clarity about you and your future!!!!
Dr. Snigdha Mishra Delhi | Counselling Psychologist
Hello,

Your confussion and dismay is understandable. How ever, depression is a very common mental health issue.. It's important that you understand, that its a manageable condition. First you need to go to a good psychiatrist or a psychologist who can help you understand your condition better.

You must take psychotherapy from a trained psychologist. A combination of medicines and therapy is the best way to be. Psychotherapy will teach you skills to manage / reduce / and or eliminate your symptoms.
Please make sure that your therapist is well trained. If you cannot find one, please feel free to call my office. They will guide to someone.

All the best

Dr. Udayan Bhaumik Kolkata | Psychiatrist
Hello.I am sorrybto hear about this.It is a very difficultbquestion to answer.D epression,yours is probably bipolar(assuming because lithium has been prescribed) has got a genetic leaning as well as the effect of situational circumstances.What matters is that you should never give up hope.There have been many like Winston Churchill,Robert Downey Jr etc who have had successful careers fighting bipolar illness.In India you have Deepika Padukone.So be brave.Go on with your work but follow your doctor's advice and don't skip medicines.Good luck !!