I have a feeling my child is depressed. just a 5 year old but i think the family tension has affected the child a lot more than is visible. There are a lot of behavioural changes, moodiness, over-sensitivity, attention grabbing tactics, and already lots of self-esteem issues at such a yound age is a cause for concern for me. Please help and let me know how and what can be done.

Doctor Answers (1) on Depression

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello There. i can understand your concern, but i feel at this age its normal. children tend to do such things at this age. don't have to worry much about it. children want attention and they try all means to get what they want. you have to be calm with them and talk to them about it and also teach them what is to be done and what not. play with them and take them out once a while. consult a paediatrician for further help regarding this. best regards, Dr. Anil Kumar Jain