Depression

I am suffering from acute depression and have been feeling bit insecure lately. I am paranoid and also have emotional outbursts and cry a lot. I am not able to sleep well and suffering from insomnia. Recently i have been facing problems in college with my friends and i feel like i should shut out everyone from my life. people think very low of me and i cannot discuss it with anyone.

Doctor Answers (6) on Depression

Dr. Santanu Nath Kolkata | Biological Psychiatrist
Please visit a psychiatrist soon. Going by your symptoms it might be a depressive disorder that you are suffering. You need to tell your psychiatrist clearly about how your probs started and then perpetuated. Good luck..
Ms. Spandana Arun Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Meet a psychologist or psychiatrist at the earliest to understand what you are going through in a better way and to seek treatment for the same. I am intrigued by the way u r labeling ur condition and symptoms. Have you met a mental health professional before or if it's googling of your symptoms, I suggest u get information from a better source- may be a clinical psychologist or psychiatrist as the information from online can be misinterpreted or misleading. Do not unnecessarily label yourself.
consult a clinical psychologist or psychiatrist who can assess and help you understand what you are going through better and treat you for the same. good luck :)
Dear friend, It wl take approx 15 to 20 days to feel better after proper treatment. So dont hesitate. Best wishes
Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
I believe there is a reason behind this issue?!!! If u feel u cannot of scissors with anyone near you, then u may have to consult a Psychological Counsellor to handle to issues and symptoms and be the same old girl.
Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
Hello,
From the description provided by you here, there is a high possibility of you currently suffering from a depressive disorder. You should seek consultation with a psychiatrist near you for comprehensive assessment of your mental state, related physical and psychosocial correlates. The psychiatrist after a thorough assessment and examination will be able to guide you through recovery process. Best of luck and wishes for your health and future.
please consult a psychiatrist near you at the earliest. Correct treatment can help you recover and gain back your lost confidence and life.
Do not lose hope and share your problems with the ones close to you. Shutting out close ones is not going to help in any manner, rather please seek and gather all the support you can.
Dr. Udayan Bhaumik Kolkata | Psychiatrist
Do not worry too much.Mental illness is just like any other illness of body and easily controlled or cured if proper treatment is initaiated timely.
Please visit a psychiatrist asap and describe your problems.Even you should relaxed aftrr that.