Depression

I am 26 suggested imopam 2wice daily and diagnosed with depression and I am taking madicine but Iam continuous suffering from mood swings and which creates problem at my in laws house. And what ever I am intaking it getting Vomit continuous. No medicine effect and is this vomit due to depression . Plz suggest

Doctor Answers (2) on Depression

If any psychiatrist has told that you are suffering from depression and in his examination no other physical illness then in my opinion may be your vomiting may be due to gastritis and you take medicine like rabeprazol with domperidone combination for that and even if vomiting continue then you should require injectable preparation to control your vomiting. For depression mirtazepine is better choice for you. My advise is you consult any nearby psychiatrist and he/she will help you to start your medication after your proper history & workup
Dr. Amit Jagtiani Agra | Psychiatrist
It is difficult to comment why you are vomiting continuously. I am not sure what are the constituents of this tablet imopam but it seems like a benzodiazepine. Also it is difficult to comment upon your diagnosis as your description is very brief. I suggest you to visit an emergency room to take care of your vomitings first. Once your general condition is stabilised, visit your psychiatrist for further opinion.