Depression and trust isse

I have trust issues and depression for the past few years. My trust issues started off around 2006 and they have triggered now. Also I have been under tremendous depression, i feel insecure and useless most of the times. It is starting to effect my family and my everyday life. I need help.

Doctor Answers (1) on Depression and trust isse

Dr. Navya G Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there. Everybody wil feel unhappy,insecure and low at times but if feeling same for very long time den may be your suffering from depression. Losing trust in yourself is the reason for your insecurity.. Symptoms of depression include Difficulty concentrating, remembering details, and making decisions, Fatigue and decreased energy, Feelings of helpless, hopeless and worthless, Insomnia, early morning wakefulness, or sometimes excessive sleeping, Irritability, restlessness, Loss of interest in activities which were pleasurable before, Loss of pleasure in life, Overeating or appetite loss Persistent sad, anxious, or "empty" feelings, Thoughts of suicide or suicide attempts. Treatment includes relaxation exercises, discussing to your loved ones about your problem, psychotherapy, anti depressant medications, read motivational books, quotes.. There are many online groups and site where people who suffered from depression and cured, help others to overcome depression. You can join such groups which help you to speak out. Please do consult psychiatrist attend counseling. Don't attempt any life threatening activities.