Depression and Anxiety

When its too late to start rabies vaccine after exposure??I have read that as rabies has a long incubation period so we can be safe if we take vaccine before the development of symptoms..i.e if taken in incubation period then we are safe...If the virus enters the brain then symptons occur so if we take vaccine before the virus Enters the brain then we are safe.Is it so??..My Case-2 dog had bitten me in 2001-2002 but at that time i have not taken vaccine later after 6-7 years i got worrie/fear and took 3 vaccine in 2008..Total i have taken 17 vaccines from 2008-2016.(2008-3vaccine,2010-3vaccine,2011 aug-3 vaccine,2011 sep-1 vaccine,2012-2 Vaccine,2016-5 Vaccine due to bat exposure) But my tention worry is can i get rabies in Future due to 2001-2002 bite??If yes then give me a way to protect myself or if No then say it with sureity,Otherwise i cant live in tention of Getting Rabies in Future.Though i have taken vaccine very lately but i have taken before the development of symptons na?

Doctor Answers (1) on Depression and Anxiety

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
incubation period of rabies is 3 to 8 weeks... but rare cases has been seen as early as 4 days and latest like 1year.. well it seems you were bitten by dog years back and you are fine....if you were bitten by rabid animal virus would have entered your body by now there is no use of vaccination now since you are fine it's unlikely you get rabies...Regards