Depressed and lost

Have recently broken off an engagement with the only person I ever loved. The issues stemmed from total lack of mental compatibility on issues and time and again facing same issues without gaining learning on the same. While it seems a logical decision, and while all my near and dear advise me that it is right, somehow does not help and there is a constant feeling of depression around.. I have also quit my job to be able to move on but now I feel that will not be enough. How do I go about it?

Doctor Answers (4) on Depressed and lost

Dr. Lakshmi T Rajan Chennai | Counselling Psychologist
Hi friend,
You are emotionally affected by your decision though you conclude that it was logically right. Get help from a psychotherapist to take care of your emotional health which is very important for your future life and work.
Feel free to contact me for any help.
Visit my website www.mastermindfoundation.com
Wishes
Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
I know even though it is decided logically u r affected by it emotionally.  You have quot the job for what resin which I  cldn' t understand though how about changing the job in a new city . ?!!!
May be new environment new surrounding and ew people could bring you new and better aspects in your life. Think.... Also if possible consult  psychologist in your city or in the new city to which you may get transported by yourself. ?!!!
Dr. Antara Gupta Aligarh | Psychiatrist
First  of all stop blaming yourself or anyone else. .  Love happens again. Give yourself some time. Life will be good. If you have persistently depressed mood pls visit a psychiatrist near you. Your wt is more for your height.. shift your attention to wt loss. Hit the track join a gym play badminton. .. anything that keeps you away from stress.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there..... Take steps to control stress, to increase your resilience and boost your self-esteem. Reach out to family and friends, especially in times of crisis, to help you weather rough spells. Get treatment at the earliest sign of a problem to help prevent depression from worsening. Consider getting long-term maintenance treatment to help prevent a relapse of symptoms.