Depo causing abnormal prolonged period.
I've been on depo for about a year now. It has slowed my period down a lot, but the spotting is lasting a really long time. I wouldn't get a period for about 2 months, then I'll start spotting for over 3 months. I don't want to be on the pill for convenience reasons, but I'm unsure if my body is reacting to the hormones normally. I was looking into getting the implant, but if it may do the same what the shot is doing to me I may not want it. Is the prolonged spotting lasting more than a month normal? What other convenient birth control methods may be suitable for me?

Take low dose oral contraceptive pills but you need to take it daily for 21 days