Dental - Root canal
Hi , I had a riding accident few days back . Front teeth is broken . I visited two dentist , they advised me to get root canal done and replace the teeth with ceramic one . My only worry is since it is my original teeth and it is only broken , is there any other solution apart from root canal, like fixing it with cap or any other method of filling the gap The teeth isn't dead as it is not showing symptoms of the same . Please any one help

Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi...as a permanent solution root canal followed by crown is always a best solution in your case. Regards
Dr. Aarthi Shankar
Dentist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi , If there was bleeding from the tooth accompanied with severe pain ,then it means there was pulp(nerve ) exposure .The involvement can be best determined by x-ray .If it was close to pulp and no involvement then there will be acute sensitivity while breathing also .If there was pulp involvement then it is advisable to go for Rct followed by ceramic cap.If there is no involvement of pulp then your dentist may do temp measures to control sensitivity and follow up with filling up the tooth with composite(white) filling.All the best!
Mithila Rao Shete
Dentist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

Many a times in such an accident the impact causes the tooth nerve to become dead irrespective of how small the fracture is. There will be no symptoms of this initially but in future many a times an infection in the bone is seen. You need to get an x ray and test the tooth for hot and cold stimulus post one week of the accident. Also if the fracture is very close to the nerve or has exposed the nerve root canal is a must before capping. If the tooth is live healthy even a composite build up if fractured fragment is less than half is recommended.
Dr. Ami Sukhija
Dentist 7 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello, as my fellow dentists have mentioned if the extent of the fractured tooth has reached the nerve within a root canal treatment is needed ... sure if u don't have symptoms now doesn't mean the tooth is healthy ... the trauma affects the nerve from within and damages it.. it's blood supply will b decaying gradually and the tooth will or may turn blackish in its appearance over a period of time ... Go with the decision to do the root canal treatment it's for your best
Dr. Govindaraj.S.J
Dental Surgeon 17 yrs exp Bangalore

If the extent of fracture has led to nerve exposure( called pulp) then root canal treatment followed by crown would be mandatory.
Dr. Rashmi Punhani
Pediatric Dentist 6 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi there, the treatment in tooth fracture always depends on the extent of fracture...if the fracture has reached the pulp...then root canal treatment is must which should be followed by a crown for esthetics... Take care..!!!
Dr. Shilpa
Dentist 10 yrs exp Bangalore
rct is advised because you may have problem in future thats y rct is advised actually it depends on how much the tooth is fractured if the fracture is very big then rct is a must