Dental problem

I m having salivay stone in my salivaryglands under tongue. Please suggest me treatment other than surgery?

Doctor Answers (3) on Dental problem

Dr. Govindaraj.S.J Bangalore | Implantologist
Options other then surgery would be lithotipsy, that is sound waves are used to fragment the stone. Sialoendoscopy is now considered the best option for salivary gland stone removal. The distinct advantage here being it allows visualisation of functioning salivary gland and helps removal of the stone with harming adjacent structure.
Hi.. Surgery is the best possible solution. However it is based on the size of the stone. If it is small it can be removed by salivary gland catheter.. Regards
Dr. Shail Jaggi Pune | Dentist
Your treatment plan depends on the size of the stone. Leaving it there may get quite painful as time goes by. Have it evaluated by an oral surgeon and plan for surgery if needed. That messy be your only long term option