Dental Problem

I have a white layer over my teeth which results in considerable amount of stench and bad breath. Also stone-like layers have developed at the junction of gum and teeth. What can be the way out of this? A doctor recommended me for two sessions of teeth wash. Could that make my teeth weak? Please help

Doctor Answers (7) on Dental Problem

yes you need to do teeth cleaning which is  advised to you. 
by doing this you will not weaken the teeth but prevent your gums from further deterioration.
Hope this helps
Yes your dentist advised you correctly...its just removal of harden accumulations...so no worries...in fact its recommanded to have such cleaning twice a year.regards.Dr Sushma patne
Scaling is required for remove plaque and calculus. You should go for scaling as suggested by your dentist.
Follow proper oral hygeine as suggested by doctor.
The doctor has given you a correct advice. And no teeth cleaning does not weaken your teeth. Regards
Your doc is right go for full mouth scaling and proper brushing technique that's it . and if u r having and habit plz quit it
Dr. Hemant Kr. Singh Noida | Dental Surgeon
The thing you are describing is called calculus.yes the doctor  is saying right.Go for scaling/cleaning.This all  will be removed  and gums also will be healthy. There is no harm in this too.Go for it. Thanks.
The bad breath you are suffering from is technically called oral halitosis.The white layer is materia alba or plaque while the stone like layers are called calculus.The best way will be to adopt a proper oral care habits ( teeth brushing, tongue scraping and Flossing) along with  a professional cleaning " washing" of teeth.They do not weaken the teeth rather their removal improves oral health.