Dengue treatment

I have fever from past 5 days, I have consulted a doctor, my platelets and wbc count is decreasing wbc is 2300 and platelets is 0.81 lakhs . I cannot see any improvement. today my dengue test was positive. please tell me the treatment for dengue. my doctor says that dengue treatment starts from 5th day. please suggest.

Doctor Answers (4) on Dengue treatment

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. 

I can understand your concern .
Dengue is a condition which needs only supportive treatment and there is no specific treatment for it.
The treatnent aims at controlling fever by tab. Paracetamol xr one in the morning half in the noon and again 1 in the night after food.
Cap. Absolut 3g twice a day after food.
Tab. Caripill thrice a day after food for 5 days.

Check platelets daily till improvement is double.
Drink plenty of water.
Bed rest.
Soft diet with fruits.
Consult  a general physician in person for further evaluation and management. 
Best regards.
Dr. Anil kumar jain Bangalore.

Dr. Nikhil Dhande Pune | General Physician
please check platlet count and wbc daily till it starts increasing. To increase platlet count and wbc TAKR MORE FRUITS. PAPAYA LEAF EXTRACT CONTAINING CAPSULE ARE AVAILABLE TAKE THAT. IF NOT ABLE TO MAINTAIN LIQUID INTAKE AND FOOD INTAKE PLEASE ADMIT FOR SAFTEY.
Dr. Prashant Kini Mumbai | General Endocrinologist
no specific treatment for dengue. take paracetamol if fever is there. to take multivitamins and papaya leaf extract tablets to increase your wbc and platelets.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello..
Well sir...it's only supportive and symptomatic treatment .you please make sure that you have water well so that there is no dehydration...take becousules z...also have food well...you also need to be monitored for platelets and for symptoms like bleeding, rashes , stomach. Ache..thank you