Dengue positive
I have fever from past 5 days, I have consulted a doctor, my platelets and wbc count is decreasing wbc is 2300 and platelets is 0.81 lakhs . I cannot see any improvement. today my dengue test was positive. please tell me the treatment for dengue. my doctor says that dengue treatment starts from 5th day. please suggest.

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  You need to check your platelets daily till the platelets improve. Dengue doesn't have a specific treatment and ots just symptomatic control. Tab. Dolo 650 thrice or four times a day after food. Have a soft diet and drink plenty of water. Take rest. Tab. Caripill thrice a day after food for 5 days.  Consult a general physician in person for further evaluation and management. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Harisha N L

Hi there I understand your concern... There is no specific treatment for dengue its just supportive and symptomatic...treatment is mainly to reduce fever, prevent dehydration and to observe patient carefully...if you are not having spontaneous bleeding nothing to worry... Just consult nearest physician and get your platelets checked daily as count bellow 20k may lead to dengue shock syndrome in that case you will require platelets transfusion...Regards.