Delay in periods for 2 m

Since last 2 years i am missing my periods continously and they delay by 2-3 months.Everytime i got scared. I visited a gyanec, she advised me to take contraceptive pills i.e hervote. Whenever i take it i got my periods within 20 days. I dont knw it is safe or not. After sometime we are planning for family.. Are these pills safe for me..please advise ... will follow

Harisha N L

Hi,it depends upon the diagnosis... Considering your symptoms you may be having pcod if that is the diagnosis you can take it ...it can occur in women who have diabetes or thyroid problems. It is also common in women with high levels of a protein called prolactin in their blood...it can be the side effects of certain drugs like oral contraceptives,antipsychotics,antiepileptics...it can be due to poly cystic ovarian disease as well... So I would suggest you to consult nearest gynecologists for detailed clinical examination and evaluation they will do the needful.
Dr. Disha Sridhar
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 13 yrs exp Bangalore
Please read my blog on PCOS. Hope that helps.