Decay tooth

Hello Doctor, I have a decay tooth. It is very badly decayed. If I eat soft food also it becomes too sensitive. I want to remove it. But I want to remove only when the rainy season goes. Right now I'm not able to remove. Untill that how do I control pain. And another thing is, I'm very scared of dental treatment because I had already gone for the extraction of thus tooth. When I went the doctor gave me 3 injections. But still when the doctor started shaking the tooth to remove, it pained very badly and I started screaming. So we stopped the procedure and came back. And so now I'm very scared to go again to remove the tooth. Please help.

Dr. Govindaraj.S.J
Dental Surgeon 17 yrs exp Bangalore

Any medication you take will only give you transitory relief. Its better you undergo the extraction rather then wait to aggravate the existing problem. It would be useful to post an x-ray of the involved tooth so that other feasible  options can be suggested by senior clinicians in the forum.
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla
Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist 11 yrs exp Faridabad

Hera a few suggestions from my end..... if you are not comfortable with the previous doctor's treatment, you can always consult another dentist for tooth removal, specially the one who is a specialist in oral surgery...... secondly rainy season has got nothing to do with the healing of the wounds.... rather, delaying the treatment can cause an irreversible damage to the adjoining structures.... so please come out of that myth and get the treatment done as soon as possible...... thirdly you need to get a second opinion about the condition of the tooth, whether it can be saved or not...... considering your age, it will be highly advised that you go for an attempt to save the tooth if it is possible and the judgement of this cannot be done without a proper clinical examination and an x-ray... Regards....

Hello there. I can understand your concern. I hope you are not in too much pain. I would not suggest you to remove the tooth on your own. You will have to see a dentist in person to get it removed. If you are not fine with that dentist, then go to another dentist and get it removed. There is no way, I can ask you yourself to remove. It's not a simple procedure and the tooth has to be removed as a whole. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Harish Rathi
Dentist 38 yrs exp Nagpur
First of all you should not get scared of dentist after that you should take proper dose antibiotic and pain killer plus antacid and then when you are under antibiotic coverage , should visit your dentist.
Sweta Shah
General Physician 10 yrs exp Ahmedabad
I understand u r in severe pain...dental treatment is quite scary..but u will find some dentist who r good and you will have sedation and no pain....so go for good dentist...have x ray..then go for extraction...
Dr. Mudit Gupta
Dentist 8 yrs exp Dehradun
Hi, first of all don't be scared of dental treatment. I can understand that your previous dental experience might be frightening . According to your symptoms, you might be having dental abscess ( pus collection beneath your tooth roots), that's why even after giving numbing (anesthesia ) injection, you felt pain while removing tooth. It would be very helpful if you could post the X-ray (if done) and if not then get it done. Secondly, looking at your age, extraction is not advised (until necessary due to severe damage ). Thirdly, there is no connection between rainy season and any dental treatment, the more you wait, more it will damage. So , I will suggest, don't panic, if you are not comfortable with your dentist, you can take a second opinion. You might need a proper course of antibiotics before dental extraction (if advised) or if it can saved, then better. Regards..