Dark underarms and neck

My underarms are really dark (almost blackish) and no scrubs or moisturizing lotion has helped. So is my neck (back of the head) and inner thighs.

Doctor Answers (1) on Dark underarms and neck

Skin care needs to be customized based on the presenting complaints. Based on your description, it appears that you have facial melanosis which could be melasma compounded by acanthosis nigricans. These conditions have a strong relation to one's internal health and it needs to be evaluated as often quoted - Skin is the mirror of internal health. Attempting treatment without understanding the pathology will be futile and make the course longer. Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation which probably will include a retinol based night cream and a vitamin C based lotion. Oral medications may be needed. Sun protection is mandatory and will require usage of Sunscreens
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
Avoid self medications. Meet a Dermatologist.