Dark red blood from anus with mucous.
I have been noticing dark red to normal red coloured blood from anus with or without stools from 1 year to 8 months. The part where bleeding takes places is at the bottom part. Stools are sometimes accompanied with blood and mucous sometimes. Bleeding maximise when i have Sharp/pointed stuff like Farsan/Chivda/peanuts etc. Also the stools aren't the normal way it should have been. Please suggest remedies and test's. I stay in hostel and have mess food which you know how the quality is. What food should i include in my diet. Suggest me test's that i should go for. I from pune.

[ ] Hi if this bleed is not associated with pain than is generally due to piles and quantity of blood should be more. If this is associated with pain and quantity is less than this is due to fissure. At times there may be sigmoid colitis which leads to cramping lower abdominal pain and may cause passage of blood in stool. Other rare causes are presence of polyp growth Or a malignant growth. You should avoid constipation, as this is the cause for piles/ Fissure. it's better to get evaluated , a short scopy done to rule out the underline problem. Take salads in each diet. Take plenty of water. Get your self evaluated soon. feel free to ask any further quary.Take care.
I think you are probably suffering from piles. It is common in pune. You need to change your lifestyle and eating habits. Pls consult a surgeon for further evaluation
Pls visit a surgeon for evaluation.