Dark patches on cheeks

I have developed melasma like Hyperpigmentation on my cheeks and my facial skin has become very loose resulting in crow's feet kind of appearance

Doctor Answers (2) on Dark patches on cheeks

Dr. Manoj Waghmare Nagpur | Dermatologist
Melasma is a pigmentation because of the harmonal changes and the big enemy of this pigmentation is UV light outdoors and indoors too. So protect yourself from the UVlight. Use a good sunscreen. You seem to have photo aging as well. It will be better to get yourself examined by a dermatologist and get expert treatment.
Thanks for the query. Skin care needs to be customized based on the presenting complaints. Based on your description, it appears that you have facial melanosis which could be melasma compounded by acanthosis nigricans. These conditions have a strong relation to one's internal health and it needs to be evaluated as often quoted - Skin is the mirror of internal health. Attempting treatment without understanding the pathology will be futile and make the course longer. Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation which probably will include a retinol based night cream and a vitamin C based lotion. Sun protection is mandatory and will require usage of Sunscreens. You may benefit from usage of a laser device i.e. Q- switched Nd YAG laser but that is in addition to the main treatment.
Meet a Dermatologist.
Avoid Self Medications.