Dark&Dry skin after scrub

After using a walnut scrub and applying a moisturiser I felt my face skin somewhat dry and itchy (commonly during sweating). Now the skin of my face is turning darker. Now, I am only using a mild moisturusing soap. I wanted to what is the reason behind this dryness and darkness. Have I developed contact dermatitis due to any ingredients present in the scrub or moisturiser. Or it is post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) triggered by microtrauma caused by the scrub particles. And will it get normal on its own???

Doctor Answers (1) on Dark&Dry skin after scrub

Outdoor activities make our skin tan. The only option is to wear protective full sleeves clothing and cover as much as possible. Usage of a cap or hat and umbrella is encouraged. Skin already tanned can be treated with de-pigmenting creams and other oral medications. A good skin care regimen comprises 4 steps - cleansing, toning, moisturizing and sun block. Based on your skin type, a dermatologist will recommend you appropriate products.
Any medical condition responsible for darkening of skin should be ruled out.