Dandruff flakes
From the age of 14, I am having dandruff with big big white flakes covering while head / scalp. From then, I have consulted dermatologist Dr.Baskar, Chennai. With no result, I shifted to homeopathy medication. But same result. Atlast tried home natural remedies. It doesn't work. So Kindly consult what shall I do now. During winter, rainy seasons the condition gets worse..

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi. Greetings. Sore and scaly scalp could be the result of Seborrhoea / folliculitis/ sebopsoriasis/ psoriasis/ rosacea of scalp etc. One of the easiest way of dealing with these is use of an antifungal shampoo under prescription. Hair loss could be because of associated scalp conditions, or early onset androgenetic alopecia, and recent illness or other causes. You probably have scalp psoriasis- based on the symtopms u have described. This can be adequately controlled but there's nothing to say that his will never ever recur in life. See a qualified dermatologist in your city. You could send me snaps/ other queries on follow up chat. Warm regards