Dandruff and hair fall

I have a big dandruff problem and hair fall, it's like thick white particles in my head and hairs are also falling a lot. Kindly provide me some medicated dandruff shampoo

Doctor Answers (1) on Dandruff and hair fall

Thanks for the query. Dandruff is the result of excessive oil application compounded by a fungal overgrowth. So consider discontinuation of oils and start using an antifungal shampoo everyday for first week and then reduce the application to twice a week for maintenance. You should keep the shampoo atleast for 5 minutes on the scalp for it to act. This should solve your problem. However if problem persists, consult a Dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment plans. Can it be scalp psoriasis or something else? Once the diagnosis is ascertained,proper treatment can be initiated. Most of the patients do well if they stick to the recommendations. Kindly see a dermatologist for a treatment plan