Crown Cap after RCT
What is the difference between a normal crown cap (porcelain, I think) and a higher end (zirconia, maybe). One is costing me somewhere between 2-3k and the other around 9k. Why the huge difference and what is the drawback if I go for a cheaper one?

The zirconia crowns are metal free crown,in events of CT scan or MRI,the crowns with metal interfere with the image quality & thereby hampers the diagnosis. Zirconia crowns don't have any such problem. Now choice is yours.
Md Asif Khan
Dentist 6 yrs exp Jamshedpur
The difference is in the material. It's strength,  esthetic and durability. Zirconia crowns are copy milled. made from a monolithic block. it's a recent advancement. It has good strength and takes stress very well. Normal crowns are porcelain fused to metal. If done properly there won't be much difference. Side effects only if crown preparation is not proper or there is a fabrication error. Choose which ever suits your budget.