Cramps in lower abdomen

Dear Doc, I am 18 weeks pregnant and since 3-4 days experiencing cramps (like periods pain) in my lower abdomen. It does not last long but it definitely scares me. I mostly experience it while walking or sitting and it subsides when I lay down. My gynec prescribed Tilidan Retard for the same and I just want to know how safe it is and the safe power content (10, 20 or 40 mg) of the prescribed tablet. Also, is my condition normal or should I be worried. I am really scared and tensed due to it. Thank you.

Dr. Pritam Prakash Sulakhe
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 9 yrs exp Pune

Do cervical length at anomaly scan. can continue Tilidan as per ur gynaec no problem
Dr. Sarika Dahiphale
Infertility Specialist 12 yrs exp Pune

Take bed rest for few days... It's necessary to check once for cervical length  on usg or internal examination.... If subside  and no pain  taper tidilan...
Dr. Mamta Pattnayak
Gynecologist 14 yrs exp Gurgaon

Hi, if you r 18 wks having pain in lower abdomen,  please do urine routine test and culture test. Take easy.

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  You do not need to worry . What your gynaecologist has given is fine. You can take the medications and take rest. If any other symptoms arise, Kindly consult a gynecologist in person for further evaluation and management.  Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.