Crack in tooth(internal)
I'm having a crack on my front tooth(internal). My dentist says i have to go for root canal. I don't have any infection though. Should i go for root canal?

Dr. Govindaraj.S.J
Dental Surgeon 18 yrs exp Bangalore

Since you no symptoms of pain, visit another dentist for a second opnion. It would be difficult to comment or even suggest a particular treatment without seeing the tooth or a relevant x-ray in your case.
Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi..yes you might need eventhough you don't have pain. A deep cavity or a crack is always a case of root canal. Regards
Dr. Mohammad Imran Khan
Dentist 9 yrs exp Lucknow
Hi just a crack and tooth intact dosent qualifies for the root canal u must have had a history of trauma or something like this if it has been decided to go ahead for the root canal then there must be some other valid reason too..post the pic for proper comments..best of luck take care
Dr. Vidhu.S
Dentist 13 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi you may need a root canal if the crack is involving the pulp of your teeth ..which can be made out by an x-ray and an examination..and whether you are having any symptoms or discoloration of that tooth is starting to show..
Dr. Shruti Agarwal
Dental Surgeon 14 yrs exp Kolkata
Yes you may need an rct in case of pulpal involvement cracked tooth will usually have a chronic lesion which must be treated before crowning or any other cosmetic treatment but only a clinical examination can assure whether you need one or not