Continuous Throat Phlegm
Hi I always have phlegm in my throat, that I can feel while swallowing anytime. Its so continous that I have to spit it out in every 10-15 mins. After eating or drinking something especially spicy/sweet, it becomes Non stop. Sometimes It feels that this phlegm is flowing through my ear tubes and creates itching in ear. Its clear white in color. I dont have cough, hearing or any other problem. I am facing this problem from last one year. Four months ago I visited for checkup and had phlegm test but reports were clear. I thought that its due to smoking bcause I used to smoke 7-8 Cigs daily. So one month before I quit smoking but unfortunately this Phlegm problem has not been resolved yet.

Dr. Pinaki Mazumder
Otologist/ Neurotologist 31 yrs exp Kolkata

The symptoms described by you may be due to larygo-pharyngeal reflux. Please get a FOL done. Avoid smoking, alcohol, mustard, milk- tea etc. Take dinner 2-3 hrs. before going to bed. Don't spit, swallow the phlegm. Gurgle with luke warm water and swallow for 2-3 times daily. PPI should be taken after confirmation of LPR.