Contact with chicken pox

My sister used to got out with a colleague in her office for snacks. Today her friend was diagnosed with Chicken pox. My sister did checked her rashes couple of days back. Now she is worried that she would also contact the same disease. Could you help me here to give her some advice/precaution. Is vaccination a help here. p.s: She never had one in past

Harisha N L

Vaccination is the best way to protect yourself against chickenpox. Nearly 100 percent of adults will develop protective antibodies against the chickenpox virus after two vaccine doses. Immunity from the vaccine is long-lasting and probably permanent in most people. People who were vaccinated against chickenpox may sometimes develop the disease but it is usually mild, with about 50 or fewer red bumps that rarely grow into blisters...Consult nearest physician they will do the needful.
Dr. J.Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neurosurgeon 17 yrs exp Chennai

Dear Madam There is no need to panic Please consult your family doctor and get the vaccination done
Dr. Phanindra V V

Hello. Let her go to a nearby physician and get checked. It depends on her face immunity to get or not get the said disease.