Contact lens
I m a software engineer . I work in front of pc for more than 8 hours in a day. And I m using contact lens . I want to know wether the percentage of water content in the lens should be high or low. ¿ right now I m using Boush n Lomb softens which has 59% of water content. Shall I continue this or not .

Dr. Meeta Mungale
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 15 yrs exp Vadodara

Hi I think it is not necessary to use a high water content lens here..Ac environment, long time on computers, contact lenses, infrequent blinking ..all factors leading to dry eye ..here high water content would aggravate dry eye ..it is better to go for the regular lenses..u can try the difference ..
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello High water content is better 1. Use contact lens for 8 hrs per day 2. Blink a lot 3. Cold compresses 4. Use lubricating eyedrop like flogel
Dr. Ram Nath
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 32 yrs exp Delhi
Higher is better. Continue with the present. Ideal type you are using.
Dr. Balasubramaian K
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 8 yrs exp Chennai
Ideally water content of the contract lens should be as high as possible to allow more oxygen to get to the Cornea . But since the lens also has to maintain its form and shape very high water content is also not possible. The lens you are wearing should be fine. Cleaning should be thorough as deposit formation are more common with high water content lenses.