Due to continuous constipation my 2 1/2 yr old son has bleeding while passing changes dont give any relief,giving him laxative continuously,is it harmful for him?? Bcoz i hv consulted more than 3 paediatricians but there is no change.kindly suggest me something.thnk u

Doctor Answers (1) on Constipation

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Fiber, the part of a food that doesn’t get digested, plays an important role in your digestion. It helps to keep stool moving through your bowels. If you lack enough fiber in your diet, your stool can become stagnate, dry and hard. Increasing your fiber intake will help promote soft and bulky stool. Foods that are fiber-rich include beans, fruits, whole grains, beans and vegetables. Increase Liquids An inadequate amount of liquid in your diet can cause your stool to become dry and impacted. Drink plenty of water, fruit juice, herbal tea and soup broth...hope this helps you...good luck.