Confused about relation

M confused about getting back to my bf...i was in an abusive relationship... initially everything was fine ...later cz of some family issues we had to get registered marriage...and after that things just got worse..he usually started losing his temper and hit me every time I have him a chance to change but it's lik 4yrs...recently we had a fight where he punched me on my face n I was bleeding then my Bro interfered abused hiz mom etc...things got more complicated...v have applied for divorce bt..my bf is constantly trying to get me back...bt m scared n i dnt want that horrible life again facing the same problems..but I am not Abel to forget him it's 9 months now from break up in between I gave him many chances but he Is still d same lik a monster ...what should I do please help

Doctor Answers (4) on Confused about relation

Dr. Sonia Malhotra Pune | Psychiatrist
Dear mam,
You have faced a lot in your life and I appreciate you for your courage. My advice to you is:
1. If possible, meet a psychiatrist for yourself. The emotional and physical abuse that you have been through may have taken a toll on your mental health. This will also blur your clarity of mind in making a decision.
2. Consult your close friends and relatives, who know you well, and take a stand for yourself. It may be tough, like the past 9 months, but it will atleast open the possibility of being able to plan your future.
3. If you intend to getting back with your husband, get him evaluated by a psychiatrist and treated for his anger and mood issues. It will improve life of both of you.
God bless!
Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Please to get a clarity and to take a decision about life I suggest you visit a Counsellor personally and then take a healthy decision.
Dr. Gaurav Kulkarni Mumbai | Psychiatrist
Hey you have been going through a lot of marital issues and an abusive relationship. Dif you ever in the past approach a psychiatrist or a counsellor for the same? If no, then why did you not think on those lines? If you husband has such a high temper where he becomes assaultive then he certainly needs assessment and support from a psychiatrist. Since you separated for the last 9 months, have you consulted a lawyer? What is the status? We certainly will be able to help you to deal with the low mood and your difficulties in coping with the problem.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Consult nearest psychiatrist as you require detailed counseling session and you may require medications to solve your problems as many things can't be discussed in forum like this...With that fallow relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation,avoid alcohol, smoking, coffee, tea...have good sleep and develop healthy food habits..good luck