Cold and cough

My son aged 8 yrs has been suffering from cold and cough since last 4 months. We kept consulting his regular doctor and medication are being given. But as the dosage of medicines are over, 4-5 days later, it recurs again. As per doctor's advice, we did the ABSOLUTE EOSINOPHIL COUNT whose result was 890 cells/cumm and IMMUNOGLOBIN E- IgE test whose results were1000.0 IU/Ml. I want to know what is the reason behind this frequent illness or what is wrong with him?How can this be cured fast?

Doctor Answers (1) on Cold and cough

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Suggestive of some kind of allergy which has to be find out through investigations and examination...Best treatment would be to find allergens causing symptoms and to avoid it...over the counter antihistaminics will be beneficial to him...Consult nearest allergy clinic for skin prick test and other modalities of investigations in which they will test him for various allergens and find out to what he is allergic...and they treat him with diluted doses of that allergen to desensitise his body to that allergen...good luck..