Clot in the brain, (Fits)

My Father met with an accident 28 years ago and went into coma for 2-3 months. After that, he recovered slowly from memory loss and became normal again. At that time, he took Eptoin (Phenytoin) tablets for 3 years as advised by a neurologist. Even after the 3 years, everything was fine. But 18 years after the accident, he started having convulsions(not sure about the term). CT scan reports showed a blood clot at that time and EEG report showed Left Fronto Temporal Dysfunction. From then, according to a neurologist's advise, he had been taking medication like carbamazepine (CR)(600mg), Levetiracetam (500mg) and Phenytoin tablets. Even though he is taking proper medication, he is still having convulsions. So, Is the medication good enough for his situation? and is there any better treatment that would help him? or any other neurologist to contact for his case? Please help... Thanks

Dr. J.Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neurosurgeon 17 yrs exp Chennai

The present episodes of convulsions / fits / seizures may or may not be related to the previous injury years ago It can be some other problem too So We need to evaluate properly -oOo- I have a doubt When was the last time a CT was done
Dr. M. Kodeeswaran
Neurosurgeon 17 yrs exp Chennai

Convulsions are mainly due to abnormality in the electrical activity of brain..It can be controlled by medications..since he had the head injury - brain injury may be the reason for it.. You have to check the following aspects.. Regular intake of medications, drug tiger levels. By adjusting the drug dosage it can be controlled.. Upload all the details in private consultation area and I will guide u accordingly..